Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Images La Junta Colorado

city limit sign in front of train cars loaded with coalElev. 4066 FT. The sign is in front of train cars loaded with coal.

Having spent too much money at the tower 64 just for a room I started walking. I looked at google maps and decided that I would walk up hwy 350. There were four or five little dot that where towns. So off I go. I have a little money, my card green dot, and enough weed and THC, to last a bit

So it's off to walking I go, Hi Hee Hi Ho.

Organizations located in La Junta ColoradoOrganizations that are in La Juta Colorado are
K of C Hall: Council 1161 2nd and 4th Tuesdays 7:00pm,
Boy Scouts of America: www.rmcbsa.org,
B. P. O. E. (Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks): Wednesday 7:30 pm,
An Amtrak Served Community:
Lions International:
Rotary International : Wednesday noon Woodruff Library 522 Colorado Ave

Now, I haven't been doing much for about four years. I just worked a few days a week to keep walking-around-money in my pocket. I was basicly there to drive my poor old gray haired mother around, to where she wanted to go.

It is sad but true, that turned out to be Wal-Mart. Very few other places, but always Wal-Mart.

steam engine 1024 side viewSteam Engine 1024 was built as a Vauclain compound Prairie type (2-6-2) locomotive in 1901 by Burnham, Williams & Co., an early incarnation of the Baldwin Locomotive Works in Philadelphia, PA. It was part of a second order for twenty-six of the type made by the AT&SF (#1014-#1039). The first order for fourteen was made the same year (#1000-#1013). The class was designed for AT&SF’s La Junta-Albuquerque division, which had more than 3% grades in both directions between Trinidad, CO, and Raton, NM.


Not having any bills, I sorry-ed out. I just didn't keep my aging body going. I didn't work enough and I sat on my ass and played with making youtube videos and just screwing around on the internet.

I enjoyed it and actually learned some things.

Steam engine 1024 front viewSteam Engine 1024 weighs 209,220 lbs, 144,610 lbs on its drivers, with a 13’ 8” driver wheelbase and 32’ 2” engine wheelbase. Built as a coal burner with a 118,000 lbs, 6,000 gallon water and 10 ton coal tender, #1024 was later converted to burn oil with a tender holding 12,000 gallons of water and 39,000 gallons of oil.


I just wasn't doing this aging body any good. just too inactive. I finally got tired of having just walking-around-money and took a job in some egg houses. Not eating eggs but hatching eggs.

My world has always been extremes. I went from working a couple hours a day, a couple days a week, to working all day long, 7 days a week. I was enjoying the job and the extra money.

Then came the reason for the Colorado Trip.

Feed storeRanchers for Hospice and has there brand and name on the side of the building that faces HWY 50


The egg houses were 6.2 miles away from my mothers. I would ride my little 250 honda. Coming home I hit a dog going less than 30mph. I collapsed my lung,(blood in your lung burns with every breath), cracked three ribs,(still haven't broken a bone) and dislocated my right shoulder. (causing nerve damage)

So, a little more than a year later, it's off to Colorado I go HI HE HI HO

good looking brick workI liked the covered entrance, (covered the whole front of the building) the brick work in the front yard. The style of building and the color of the brick. Simply put good looking brick work


BACK TO THE FIRST DAY OF WALKING. I walked out so I could find a place to sleep and not be bothered. I figured around 7 or 8 miles. Every muscle was screaming at me.

The next morning, after walking for about an hour. Covering maybe a half mile, there was a sign saying "Next services 73 miles". What happened to my dots. (they died with the coal industry)

Electricity productionThese little towns seem to all have there own power plant.


I walk into the afternoon covering maybe (being nice to my ego) three miles. Someone pulled over and I jumped in the car with a man and woman. The woman and I smoked some weed and the man drove the car between 85 and 100 mph. It didn't take long to cover those miles.

Getting out of the car I went across the street to see if I could rent a room. I was told they were booked, it felt like he was lying.

Long curved roof buildingNobody beats our prices. Furniture Sale, used appliances, Antiques. With a small class B truck for delievery.


Looking for another motel, I ran across a young DAV (disabled Veteran). I paid him 15 dollars to sleep on his couch. I was tired and needed a place where I could stop. He needed the money and someone to listen to him. The poor young man was fucked up forever. It is a shame how the US treats their vets.

The next day I rented a motel room.

Looking back at La JuntaWalking east on HWY 50 looking back.


I stayed there a couple of days eating,(food and eatables (THC)), sleeping, smoking e-joints and walking. Trying to build my endurance. All good things must come to an end.

So, it's off to walking again HI HEE HI HO


How do you pronounce 'La Junta,' Colorado?


Uploaded on Jun 12, 2017
La Junta, how it is pronounced.



Thanks for stopping by and reading my post "Images La Junta Colorado"
To help support my efforts follow a link to Amazon and buy something you want, then I will receive a small sales commission. Thanks and may God Bless.

Keep Smiling


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...