Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Images Walking HWY 31 to Franklin Indiana

a single pink clover bloom

I didn't even walk a mile when a Missionary stopped and made room for me to have a ride. Since I wasn't having any luck with getting a ride I decided to go back east. Running out of money and found out that I could fix my nerve damage with some legal eatable THC is the reason I came out here. Just didn't want to run out of money so quickly. But, my nerve damages is a lot better than it was.


white blooms that grow in clusters

The missionary preached the gospel of Jesus Christ in the east. The real east, where they cut off your fucking head off for teaching the gospel. But, he and his wife loved it. It was a nice ride. From Colorado to Indiana. It sure was nice to ride and have decent conversations.

pretty little blue flowers

When we got to Indianapolis I ask him to pull into a Motel Six, I can rent a decent room, for a reasonable rate and use cash. He rented the room for me and continued on his way to Ohio. While I was there it rained for 3 days. I was lucky to have the girl only charge me the CDL rate (truck driver rate) $42.17, it helped a lot.

solid waste facility

After the rain was over and the sun came out I left. I wanted to leave so badly, and when I left the area I went the wrong way. A guy picked me up quickly. Noticing a skyline I asked which way we were going. I had to get out and turn around and go south. Luck was with me because two young ladies picked me up and took me in the direction I needed to go. I just didn't get another ride that day. So, I rented a room.

one of the towers and a waffle house

With a good night sleep, I decided to follow U.S. 31 south, I really wasn't going anywhere on the interstate. And enough time was spent yesterday trying to get somewhere. This is the Teen's (2018 I think you can say it like that, it worked for the ninety's and eighty's) and people are just afraid. They don't even stop when they think that I am in trouble, they just get on that stupid phone and call the police or worst 911 (which sends out an ambulance and fire truck, just for an old fucker that is resting alongside the interstate). I just hope that PHONE ZOMBIES learn how to think one day.

Stone entrance to Franklin Indiana

The road in Franklin is torn up with repairs. There has been a lot of repairs happening as I traveled. I just kept walking and throwing out my thumb trying to get a ride. A lady with her cute little girl stopped and gave me $20.00 but not a ride. Every little bit helps. The little girl was really pleased to be able to give me the twenty. You should have seen the light shine in her eyes when I thanked her and told her that I would be able to eat good today.

engraved in the stone, on the back-side, very lightly Energy and Persistence Conquer All Things

It is written in stone, at least on the back of Franklin's stone wall, that “Energy and Persistence Conquers all Things” That just means one thing to me “Keep on Keeping on”. That's what I do I keep walking and keep trying to get a ride. While it's early and cool it is nice walking. Just carrying my stuff gets a little heavy. It's just my age catching up with me.

small patch of brown-eyed susans

Despite the fact that I am 61, I actually do Keep on Keeping on, I keep walking and keep throwing out my thumb hoping and praying that someone will have a heart and give an old man a ride. Like I said earlier it is still early and cool so it is not that hard to keep walking. You also wonder what is up ahead. They are giving a new look to their town.

Square Bank Building

I couldn't help but take a picture of this bank, it looks to me like it has cooling fins so the concrete walls don't get too hot. I just keep walking. No one seems to see me.

roundabout

As I come closer I notice a Round-a-bout, they must want to save lives by decreasing accidents. It seems to work. When they get it done completely it will look really nice.
I wasn't satisfied with the distance image so I got closer so you could see the combination of brick and iron. The raised lettering makes it look fussy.

closer view of the roundabout

It makes sense to have roundabouts. When Carmel, IN replaced all their signaled intersections with roundabouts, construction costs dropped $125,000, gas savings reached 25K gallons/year per roundabout, injury accidents dropped 80%, and total accidents dropped 40%. you can't make them all pretty but if it saves gas, money and injuries let's do it.

crosswalk and it's brickwork

An added effect of the miniatures brickwork, makes the crosswalks work better with the new roundabout. I think I will put up a distance image of the miniature so you can see the effect it'll have.

better view of crosswalk

Now, I think that it looks good. It is a ways before you get to downtown. You now have residential homes to go through. Below is a matching pair of trees.

a pair of matching trees

I don't know the type of trees these are so if you know say so in the comments. I finally got ride to Historic Downtown Franklin


The Hauntings of The Candlelight House - Franklin, Indiana


Uploaded on Mar 14, 2017
A curious haunt in central Indiana full activity. One of my favorite locations.




Thanks for stopping by and reading my post "Images Walking HYW 31 to Franklin Indiana" These are my images and are free images, to use any way you want. I mean they are Royalty free images. Here is where you can read the license

Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)

To help support my efforts please follow a link to Amazon and buy something you want, anything you want, then I will receive a small sales commission in about sixty days. Thanks and may God Bless.

Keep Smiling



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...